We define “call-to-close” as the standard workflow in ServiceMonster — from the moment you answer a call and get the customer’s information, all of the way to sending them their paid invoice.
Creating a New Account
- Open Quick-Add.
- Enter in the Account Details.
If the information entered matches an account currently in your database, possible matches will appear on the right.
- Click Done to close out of Quick-Add.
If you want to create an order for the account you were working on, click Order on the left.
Creating a New Order
- Follow the steps for Creating a New Account. Either create a new customer or find and select an existing one.
- Click Order on the left in Quick-Add.
- Select an Order Type or search for an order using Order Lookup.
- Add line items.
- Click Done to proceed to the Order Screen.
*Note – you may choose to schedule via Quick-Add by selecting Job on the left.
Scheduling a Job (via the Order Screen)
- Open the Order you’d like to schedule.
- At the top of the page, click Schedule.
- Navigate to the Day/Week you want to schedule the job.
- Click and drag the Job from Unscheduled to the appropriate timeslot.
Invoicing an Order (aka “Completing an Order”)
- Open the Work Order.
- In the Order Details sidecar, change the Order Type to Invoice.
- Click Save.
- Finish closing out the order by Adding a Payment and Emailing the Invoice.
Generating Billing Statements
- Navigate to the Orders section.
- Click Billing.
- Select +New Billing Statement.
- Fill out the details to generate the statement you want.
- Click Next to generate and/or email out the statements to your customers.