Leads get converted into opportunities and then can be worked until converted into a client using our sales Kanban.
Select topics below to learn more:
Leads, Opportunities & Kanban
TURNING A LEAD INTO AN OPPORTUNITY
I. Go to Leads > Leads List
- Search for any new leads and click on the Lead Number
- In the pop-up, select Accept With Opportunity
THE SALES FUNNEL AND KANBAN CATEGORIES
II. In Leads > Opportunities (open Kanban View)
- Open: any lead that’s been converted to opportunity goes here
- Initial Contact: successful first contact with the potential customer (phone, e-mail, in person)
- Qualified: Not a matter of IF but WHEN the job will close – any action from verifying contact info, discussing who are the decision-makers, what type of work wanted – building a report.
- Estimate: the establishment of a cost and scope of work to be done
- Negotiation: tying the loose ends
Creating Leads and Using Lead Sheets
Creating Leads in ServiceMonster 6:
- Go to Leads > Leads List > +New Lead
- OR new leads can come in via webforms or other! (See Creating and Using Webforms training video for more info)
Why use Lead Sheets in ServiceMonster 6?
- Primarily for cohesion and organization in the sales process
- Lead sheets keep the prospective customer’s information in one place and anyone with access to your SM6 account can access the info (Ex: Office staff, sales staff, estimators, etc.)
- You can also create AND track all Activities for the account (see the tab on the left hand side) with the lead sheet
Info Inside a Lead Sheet:
- Lead’s/Prospective customer’s personal information
- Any estimates or orders created for the lead (just click on the order number to make edits to the order)
Activities within Lead Sheet:
- Create estimates and work orders for lead
- View lead source
- Create and track all activities for the account
- Decline, accept (with opportunity), and complete the lead
Turning Leads Into Opportunities
1. Go to Leads (Navigator) > Leads List
- Click on a new lead from the list below
- In the pop-up, select Accept With Opportunity (directs you to the Opportunities page)
- Use these OPTIONAL sidecar (right hand side) options:
- Account: assign this Opportunity to a specific account
- Lead Source: assign a lead source
- Owner: salesperson assigned to the Opportunity
- Priority: how important is this Opportunity?
- Due Date: when is this Opportunity due?
- Close Date: when did this Opportunity close?
- Value: how much is this Opportunity worth? (dollar amount)
- Probability: what’s the probability this Opportunity will turn into work? (percentage)
- Stage: how progressed in sales is this Opportunity? (see Kanban training video for more information)
- Status: is this Opportunity Open, Won, Lost, or Abandoned?
- Once you’re done in the sidecar, don’t forget to click SAVE
- Add Notes under All Activities and Opportunity Only
- Add Orders to this Opportunity by clicking the “+” button next to Orders
- SAVE it
Editing Stages in the Kanban
Go to Leads > Opportunities > Kanban View.
- Click on the Editing Stages button
What is the Select Group drop down menu?
- Allows you to select a different group (Kanban board) or create a new one (click the blue “+” button)
Adding a New Stage, click on the New Stage+ button.
- Give each one a name
- Assign the appropriate group
- Give it a probability
- Add as many stages as you desire!
- Don’t forget to SAVE