Don’t want to start over from scratch on your templates? This article is going to show you how to copy your favorite templates so you can keep your branding consistent in the easiest way.
- Go to Marketing (Navigator) > Templates.
- Open the template that you want to copy (either Email or Marketing)
- In the second row of the toolbar, click on the button to farthest right (Code View) to view the HTML code:
- Select ALL by clicking into anywhere within the body of the template, then press Ctrl + A on your keyboard.
- Then copy by pressing Ctrl + C.
- Now that you have copied the HTML code, you are ready to create your new template.
- Open the Templates tab where you want to copy the template (either Email or Marketing)
- Click on the New Document button on the toolbar.
- In the new template, click on the Code View button in the toolbar to open the HTML page.
- Click and highlight the first lines in the body of the email, then press Ctrl + V to paste. You will be replacing those first three lines with the HTML code that you copied from the previous template.
- Click on the Code View button again to go back to the Design view.
- Give your document a name
- Click on the Save button.
You can do this as many times as you need to in order to copy an email template. The reason you want to do it this way is that it maintains all the formatting, images, social media links, etc. every time you create a new template by copying and pasting the code.
Update your Data Tags when using code between Marketing and Email Templates
One thing to keep in mind when copying an Email template into a Marketing template (or a Marketing Template into an Email Template) is that they do not use the same data tags. So, you will want to make sure that you check that all of your data tags are available and the same for the two template types. You can view the list of data tags by clicking on the button shown below: